What is The Healthy Weigh?
The Healthy Weigh has been offering nutritional counseling services since 1995. Caryn Honig is a registered and licensed dietitian who treats males and females, children, adolescents and adults struggling with eating disorders as well as disordered eating. Caryn also counsels those who are interested in improving their overall health and well-being.
Caryn’s mission is to help her clients establish a normal/healthy relationship with food and a normal/healthy relationship with their bodies. A non-diet, non-restrictive approach to mindful living is offered.
What Services Are Offered?
- Individual Medical Nutrition Therapy Sessions
- Group Sessions for Couples, Friends and Families
- Meal Support Sessions
How Often Do You Need To Come In?
Clients come in as often as two times per week or as little as once per month, depending on individual needs. Caryn will design a program that meets the needs and goals of each client.
Who Uses The Healthy Weigh?
Most of Caryn’s clients suffer from eating disorders and disordered eating. They come to The Healthy Weigh to learn how to have a normal and healthy relationship with food and their bodies. Many clients want to learn how to eat a healthy, balanced diet to fit their health and wellness goals.
- For each client to have the skills necessary to eat “normally,” “mindfully,” and “responsibly.”
- For each client to nourish and nurture their body through healthy eating and cessation of unhealthy or disordered eating behaviors.
- For each client to work through fears, guilt and anxiety associated with food, eating and weight.
- For each client to accept the body weight that is natural and right for them as they implement an appropriate activity and eating plan.
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Compulsive Over-exercising, Binge Eating Disorder
- Disordered Eating
- Emotional Eating
- Weight Management